Buffered Coco brick 5kg - Safeguard
Coir substrate is an organic and naturally occurring product used mainly as a growing media or soilless substrate for horticultural applications. Derived from the external husk (mesocarp) of a coconut, it is an environmentally renewable product which was originally a bi-product of the coir fiber industry.
Fully certified and traceable, our product offers guaranteed performance, consistent quality and low ionic content.
Coco Peat increases the porosity of your potting mix, which helps to keep soil loose and airy, aiding in better root growth. Better root growth results in better plant growth, happier plants and higher yields.
- Cost effective grow medium
- Bi-product of another industry
- Washed and Buffered - Low ionic content
- Neutral pH level range of – 5.5 to 6.5
- Very porous and helps in soil aeration
- Holds water very well
- Sterile and free of bacteria, fungi and pests
- Decomposes and breaks down slowly, can be re-used several times between cycles
- ISO9001:2015 certified
- Approved by EcoFert (ECOCERT is a very strict international standard for organic products, which independently audits our facilities regularly to ensure that the product is fully traceable and compliant with the organic standard)
- OMRI registered. (Allows for the sale of crops grown on our substrates to be sold as organic in markets, such as the USA)
Safeguard™ is the next generation of crop protection within substrates, which provides you with assurance on your crop’s performance. Safeguard™ range of treatment options is tailored to suit all crop stages and budgets, offering growers and propagators cost-benefit options to suit their specific circumstances.
How to use
- Start with a large plastic container of a minimum of 50 L, preferably 100 L. We recommend an Addis container or alternatively a large outdoor bin or large cardboard box - we will happily give for free on request. This will be used to expand the coco peat brick.
- Next, place your coco peat brick in the center of the container and add 25 L of water. Wait approximately 10 minutes for the water to be absorbed.
- Once the water is absorbed, either hand mix or use a spade to ensure that the mixture is homogeneous and that there is no remaining dry coco peat.
- Finally, the coco peat is hydrated and is ready for your plants. You are now finally ready to add your organic amendments and additives.
Buffering done by experts in the industry, so you don't have to stress about it.
A 5kg compressed brick will expand to between 55 and 65 L of growing media when 25 L of water is added to it.
Coco peat can be re-used up to three times with little loss of yield. Coco peat from diseased plants should not be re-used.
The weight of the Coco Peat Brick might vary by up to 10% either way.
For placement of large orders or other safegaurd products please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org