Mycoroot is a granular product that is applied as a soil or growth medium amendment. It contains indigenous strains of mycorrhizal fungi, which form a special symbiotic relationship with the roots of plants, improving plant health and growth.
The product can be used for container plants, in the garden for ornamentals, vegetables or when transplanting seedlings, trees and shrubs.
The application is once off for the life of the plant. Once the relationship has established there is no need to inoculate the plants again, unless they have been disturbed.
Mycorrhizal fungi aids in the breakdown of organic material such as Soft Rock Phosphate.
What are AM fungi?
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi are intimately associated with the roots of most flowering plants, herbs, vegetables and agricultural crops.
- Mycoroot products contain selected combinations of indigenous AM fungi suited for all your plant production needs.
How do AM fungi benefit plants?
- AM fungi form a symbiotic relationship with the plants providing them with nutrients from the soil through better exploitation of the soil environment.
- Mycoroot treated plants are stronger, healthier and more tolerant to stress conditions than plants with poor colonization.
The benefits of using AM fungi are summarized as follows:
- Increase tolerance to drought stress
- Improve root development
- Increase uptake of nutrients and water
- Improve plant fitness and health
- Suppress weedy non-mycorrhizal plants
- Increase soil microbial biodiversity
- Improve soil aggregation and aeration
- Reduce transplant failure
- Optimize productivity
How to use
Transplanting seedlings and plants in the garden or re-potting plants:
Small-sized plants: Use 1-2 teaspoons (10ml) of Mycoroot at the bottom of the planting hole, below the roots for seedlings.
Larger plants: Use 4-10 teaspoons (20 – 50ml) in the planting hole.
For established plants:
- Pot Plants: 5 – 20ml worked in the top layer.
Large Plants: 100 ml - 200ml worked around the plant.
1L (approx. 1.2kg)
Water after planting.
Please store in a dark cool place for longevity - can be stored in the fridge.
For placement of large orders contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org