Growing plants without soil has become a very popular and practical concept in recent times. VitaLink Clay Pebbles are ideal for hydroponic systems including flood and drain, multipot and drip-ring systems, they also support media for deep water culture.
VitaLink Clay Pebbles can also be used to mix with other substrates to improve their structure, or to add a drainage layer in the bottom of pots.
- EC 0.5 mS/cm²
- pH 5.5-7.5
- Pebble sizes of 8 – 20 mm.
- Water retention capacity 10%
- Tripple filtered
How It Works
- VitaLink Clay Pebbles offer strong structural integrity and enable good root aeration and development.
- They have a lower bulk density than clay pebbles of other brands, which means they are more porous and have a better ability to retain water.
- VitaLink Clay Pebbles are also irregularly shaped, increasing their surface area compared to rounded pebbles thus allowing the plants more contact with nutrient solution.
- These premium clay pebbles have a very stable EC and pH, meaning they will not significantly change the pH of your nutrient solution, or leak undesired minerals into it.
- VitaLink Clay Pebbles are great at retaining moisture. If you are trying to plant in a water scarce location, you can make the most out of your irrigation facility using clay pebbles. VitaLink Clay Pebbles store water inside making it readily available as per the plants needs.
- Often soil compacts which leads to plants suffocating or finding it difficult to grow under the soil. VitaLink Clay Pebbles are very lightweight and porous which allows them to hold in air and increase aeration for the root systems of your plants. Plants thrive in environments where they receive enough air.
Provides Reliable Drainage:
- Drainage can become an issue if soil becomes too compact. To prevent bad drainage, Vitalink Clay Pebbles can be used as they collect excess water and store it for the plant to use later. Good drainage prevents roots for becoming damaged because of excess water. Clay pebbles are usually used as a base layer or mixed into the growing medium.
Long Life Cycle:
- Clay pebbles can be used multiple times making them a great choice in environments with multiple harvests. There is no predicted expiry date on clay pebbles, their lifespan is dependent on their usage.
VitaLink Clay Pebbles have been triple filtered to avoid smaller pebbles and dust, but it is advise to wash them prior to use as there may be some dust created whilst they are in transit.